We all traveled during the holidays and had family in town, so for New Years Eve we stayed in and created a simple shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo. This recipe is also great with chicken, or without any meat at all!
Checklist for the Store:
1 pound shrimp
1 qt heavy cream
1 stick butter
1 tsp garlic
1 box fettuccine noodles
1 bag of parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring water to a boil and add salt to taste. Add the fettuccine noddles.
2. De-vane shrimp and clean.
3. On medium heat, add 3 tsp butter, salt, garlic and pepper. Once butter is melted add 1 qt heavy cream, stirring constantly. Once heated add 1 bag of parmesan cheese. Melt cheese into sauce stirring constantly. Once cheese is melted remove from heat.
4. Use a new sauce pan, add butter, salt and pepper and cook shrimp until done.
5. Drain noddles once completely done and mix with the sauce.
6. Mix in the shrimp.
Serve with garlic bread and salad.